About our work
Belarusian Public Association “Positive Movement”, amongst other national stakeholders, has been implementing the national strategy aimed at preventing illicit drug use – a “Comprehensive Action Plan” that was put in place to realize the Decree of the President of the Republic of Belarus № 6 "On urgent measures to combat drug trafficking". In particular, from 2015 the organization performs the following actions:
1. The development and adoption of typical school drug prevention programs: universal programs (for all students), selective programs (for risk groups) and testimony programs (for those who have early signs of drug addiction). The programmes will be based on the theory of planned behavior (H.Eysenck and M.Fishbein) which is one of the most famous and influential concepts of rational behaviour. BPA “Positive Movement” has developed, tested and carried out drug prevention study in two schools in the city of Minsk (178 students aged 13-15 years took part in the study, 33 young people from risk groups participated.
2. Organization of the support group in accordance to the secondary prevention program for adolescents involved in drug use, and their parents. Together with the juvenile inspection NGO "Positive Movement" has established the correctional group for teenagers involved in drug use.
3. Prevention of severe maladaptation of drug addicts through the inclusion into social support programmes. “Positive Movement’s” social support center named "Crossroads" has assisted 150 people in January-May 2016.
4. Establishment of the “HIV and Drug Abuse Prevention Centre in Minsk” (drop-in centre). In January-May 2016 656 people (unique clients) visited the centre.
5. Programmes designing aimed at re-cocialization of the people who have passed rehabilitation from drug addiction, including the organization of peer-support groups. “Positive Movement” is involved in the development of such programmes.
Organization’s previous experience in implementing internationally funded projects and working with international organizations.
The Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria, 2002-2016:
"Ensure Universal Access of the Key Affected Populations in Belarus to HIV prevention, Treatment, and Care"
"Prevention and Treatment of HIV/AIDS in the Republic of Belarus – 2"
"Prevention and Treatment of HIV/AIDS in the Republic of Belarus – 3"
"Containing the HIV epidemic and reduction of HIV-related morbidity and mortality in Belarus".
Spoleczny Komitet ds AIDS (Poland), 2012-2014:
- "Improving the quality of life, social adaptation of people living with HIV and other groups vulnerable to HIV, by building the capacity of HIV-service of Belarusian NGOs for the prevention of infectious diseases"
- "The right to have access to special assistance, which plays a key role in improving the quality of life of people living with HIV / AIDS in the Republic of Belarus".
MATRA Programme (the MFA of the Netherlands), 2011-2012:
- "Implementation of client management programmes for HIV/AIDS prevention, treatment and support in Belarus".
Eurasian Harm Reduction Network, 2012, 2014-2016:
"Strengthening the response of non-state actors to growing needs of women who use drugs"
"Harm reduction works - fund it!".
Social Development and Health Fund "Focus-Media", 2014:
- "The information campaign in the media on tolerance to HIV-positive women in the territory of 4 cities of Belarus (Minsk, Vitebsk, Mogilev, Bobruisk)".